1.0 Protecting your privacy
RewardCo International Pty Ltd, and its related bodies corporate (“we”/”us”/”our”) recognise the importance of privacy issues. We are committed to protecting the privacy of your personal information.
We also have terms and conditions that apply to your RewardCo membership, when you use our website and purchase goods and services from us, our related entities or one of our RewardCo Program Partners.
Please read these terms and conditions prior to joining RewardCo, using our website, or when you are directed to do so during “check-out”.
When we say our related entities, we mean:
- Openquarter International Pty Ltd
- Trimorph Pty Ltd
Of course, if you still have any questions about our privacy practices please call or email us.
2.0 Collecting your personal information
We collect your personal information so that we can provide you with our services and any products that you may have requested and also to carry out our functions and activities. This means collecting things like your contact details so that we can process your membership application and administer your membership.
We also collect your personal information so that we can improve the service we provide and also to let you know about offers we think might interest you.
You can read more about our marketing in our Membership Terms and Conditions.We also collect personal information from you if a law requires us to.
If we ask you for your personal information and you do not provide it to us, we may not be able to provide you with our services or provide you with any or all of the features of our services or products. For example, we will need your personal details in order for you to join RewardCo. You can’t join RewardCo if you cannot give us that information. We will also need your RewardCo membership number if you wish to claim or redeem Points, or if you would like us to arrange complimentary or partner benefits with one of our RewardCo Program Partners.
We only collect information about you where it is fair and lawful to do so. Where we collect your personal information from someone other than you, it is generally because you have earned or redeemed Points through one of our RewardCo Program Partners, or we are required to by law.
2.1 Your consent
We will only collect sensitive information (which is a category of personal information that includes information about things like your health, political or religious opinions, sexual preferences and genetic or biometric information) from you with your consent and where it is reasonably necessary for us to provide you with our services or carry out our functions or activities. But we will get your consent first.
There are some circumstances where we may not need your consent, and these are set out in the Privacy Act. This covers things like our dealings with Australian customs and other law enforcement bodies. You can read more about this here.
We may ask for your express consent or your consent may be implied by an action you take (or don’t take).
2.2 What personal information do we collect?
We will collect different sorts of personal information from you, depending on how you interact with us and how we can help you.
The types of personal that we may collect are set out below:
- When you apply for membership of the RewardCo Program, we will collect your contact details and date of birth. We may also ask you about your employment details and special interests, to help us tailor our offerings for you.
- We collect information about your transactions resulting in Points or status credits being earned or Points being redeemed and Rewards you receive.
- When you subscribe to our mailing list, we will collect your employer’s contact details (where you have specified a business address), and may collect your transaction history, your sporting and lifestyle interests and your membership of other loyalty programs.
- We will collect your information to assess your eligibility for other RewardCo related products.
- If you give us feedback, complete a form for us, or enter a competition or promotion, then we will collect the personal information that you provide.
- If you use social media to interact with us, we may collect your user name and any information that you allow the social media site to share with us, such as your profile picture, your posts, friends list and contact details.
- If you call us, we generally record our calls and so we will collect any personal information you provide during the call.
- We will collect any personal information that you provide in forms that you complete for us, whether these are paper forms, email or webforms on our website.
2.3 Who do we collect from?
We prefer to collect your personal information directly from you. We will collect personal information from you when you use our website and if you call us or email us.
But sometimes, we may collect your personal information from someone else, including our related entities and contractors. For example, where you claim Points for a purchase made with one of our partners, or we may collect your information from public sources (like social media).
We may collect personal information from the following sources:
- Our RewardCo Program Partners. : Click here for our most up-to-date list of our partners.
- If you make a booking or purchase on our website, in the RewardCo Catalog, we use a third party service provider to process the payment. That third party will collect your personal information and provide it to us, so that we can process the payment. We don’t use that information for any other purpose.
2.4 Privacy Statements
We will notify you when we collect personal information from you or about you from someone else. This will be in the form of a Privacy Statement.
The relevant Privacy Statement will contain a more detailed statement about what we are collecting and how we will use and disclose that personal information. We will try to give this statement to you at the time of the collection, but sometimes we may need to provide it to you soon afterwards.
Depending on how you have interacted with us, we may provide the relevant Privacy Statement to you verbally or over the phone, include it in a confirmation email to you or in the terms and conditions that apply to the service or product you have acquired from us, or by referring you to our website.
3.0 Information we are required to collect by law
We may collect information from you because we are required or authorised by an Australian law or court or tribunal order to do so. We will tell you in your Privacy Statement if this is the case and let you know the details of the law, court or tribunal order.
4.0 Do you want to remain anonymous or use a pseudonym?
You have the option to remain anonymous or use a name other than your own (a “pseudonym”). We will try to provide you with this option wherever we can.
However, you won’t be able to be anonymous or use a pseudonym if you would like to join RewardCo or earn or redeem points. We need to know who you are.
5.0 Using and disclosing your personal information
We will only use and disclose your personal information that we hold about you for the primary and related purposes for which we collected it, and for any other purpose you consent to.
We may use your personal information to:
- Communicate with you about your RewardCo membership and provide you with products or services related to the RewardCo Program.
- Communicate with our RewardCo Program Partners for partner recognition and benefits.
- Communicate with the third party operators of our online stores about your transactions resulting in Points being earned or Points being redeemed and Rewards you receive.
- Share personal information between us, and also with each of our related entities.
- Communicate with third parties who provide prizes for promotions or competitions, including your contact details and other information you provide when entering a competition.
- Receive services from our third party service providers, including those providing technology and related support services, call centre services, marketing and advertising services, payment fulfillment and fraud protection services and data analysts, as part of our activities and operations.
- Communicate with our professional service providers and insurance companies, as part of our operations.
- Communicate with you about our offers, and those of our related entities and our RewardCo Program Partners (current and prospective), and to identify products and services that may be of interest to you. We may also conduct customer satisfaction surveys and other market research. We use and disclose personal information to our marketing service providers. You can read more about our marketing practices here.
- Respond to feedback and complaints.
- Meet our audit, reporting and investigations requirements. This includes us communicating with law enforcement agencies and regulators, both in Australia and overseas.
- Help us continuously improve the services and products we offer our RewardCo members, including researching and developing products and services.
- Collect any payment from you in connection with any products or services supplied under the RewardCo Program.
6.0 How we use technology to collect and use personal information
Cookies are tiny files sent to your browser and stored by your browser on your computer or other device that you’re using to access our website. We use both session (only last until you close your browser) and persistent (remain on your computer after you close your browser) cookies to give you the best experience of our website. Only certain sections of our website utilises persistent cookies. We request permission from you before using them when you access our European, United Kingdom and United Arab Emirates facing websites.
We also use Google Analytics, which are web-tracking tools that generate detailed statistics about traffic to our website and traffic sources. These tools can also measure conversions and sales. Google Analytics only provides us with aggregated data (not personal information of our website visitors).
The information we collect about our website users includes:
- Your computer’s IP address or the Unique Device Identifier (if you access our website using a smartphone or other mobile device)
- The date and time of your visit to our website
- Pages on our website that you accessed and documents downloaded
- The URL of the previous webpage from which you followed a link to our website
- If you’ve visited our site before
- The type of browser you use
- Your region
- The products you have viewed or purchased
6.2 How do we use this information?
The cookies and web-tracking tools on our website allows our website to interact more efficiently with the device you are using. We use them to track your use of our website and to compile data that can help us improve the content and functioning of our website.
We may also use information collected by cookies and Adobe Analytics to display personalised content and advertising (targeted advertising and online behavioural advertising), based on your internet usage, and to send you marketing materials that we think will be of interest to you. We also have arrangements with third parties who may use our cookies to improve the relevance of our advertising to you on third party websites.
6.3 Our Applications
6.4 Managing your technology preferences
7.0 Disclosing your personal information overseas
When we disclose your personal information overseas, we are required to take measures to ensure that your information will be protected.
We share our RewardCo members’ personal information with our related entities and our RewardCo Program Partners, as part of administering your membership and providing our products and services to you. Some of our related entities and RewardCo Program Partners are located overseas.
Some of our technology, operational and customer service providers are also located overseas. For example, we have a call centre in The Philippines and we use cloud service providers. This means that when we communicate with these entities and use our providers’ services, it may involve disclosing your personal information overseas. We only disclose personal information to our overseas service providers when it is necessary for the services they provide to us.
The countries to which we are likely to disclose your personal information are:
- The countries where our related entities are located or provide services from, including Philippines and New Zealand.
- The countries where our third party service providers are located, including the Philippines and the United States of America.
- The countries in which our RewardCo Program Partners are located and from whom you purchase a product or service, including through the redemption of points, or where you claim points based on a transaction you completed with the overseas partner. Our RewardCo Program Partners are located in all countries worldwide.
8.0 Our marketing and your personal information
We use personal information that we hold about you to identify services and products that may be of interest to you. We may contact you by email, text message, phone or by post to let you know about membership benefits and promotions offered by us, our related entities and RewardCo Program Partners or any new or existing products or services. We also use internet-based marketing, including targeted online advertising and online behavioural marketing.
We may disclose your personal information to our related entities and RewardCo Program Partners to allow them (through third parties or us) to tell you about a product or service. Our marketing agencies may contact you using information about you that they already hold, or we may provide your personal information to them, in order to serve you with more relevant advertising about our services and products.
You can contact us at any time if you no longer wish to receive marketing materials from us, our related entities or our partners. You can also manage your marketing preferences in My Account. If you receive a marketing email from us, you can opt-out from that particular category of RewardCo marketing communication by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of the email. To opt out of all future marketing emails, you will need to login to your RewardCo Account and go to ‘My Preferences’, from here you can scroll down to ‘Communication preferences’ and unsubscribe from any one or all categories of RewardCo communication.
We will not use your health information or other sensitive information that we hold about you for marketing purposes without your consent.
9.0 How we hold your personal information and keep it safe
We mostly hold personal information electronically in our IT systems and databases. We also hold personal information in telephone recordings and in hard copy paper files. We use third party service providers to store some personal information. These may include Australian and internationally-based cloud services or the servers of third parties within and outside of Australia.
We take steps to protect the information that we hold about you from misuse, interference and loss, and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. We do this by having physical and electronic security systems and by limiting who can access your personal information. We also have online and network security systems in place for our website, so that the information you provide us online is protected and secure. You can find more information about our website security here.
Because of the nature of the internet, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information. Please contact us if you become aware of any breach of security.
If we determine that we no longer need information about you, or we are no longer required by law to hold it, we will destroy that information or ensure that it is de-identified.
10.0 We like quality information
We try to ensure that the information that we hold about you is accurate, complete, relevant and up-to-date. We do this by regularly reviewing our customer databases and updating or removing out-of-date, misleading or incorrect data.
If we update information that we hold about you, and we have given this information to a third party, then we will ask that third party to also update the information that it holds about you.
Please help us to do this by letting us know if your details change or we send you an email or letter that contains incorrect details.
11.0 Your right to access and correct your personal information
You have a right to request access to the personal information that we hold about you and to ask us to correct it.
If you would like to check that the information we hold about you is correct, find out about what information we hold about you, or make a correction, please contact us, either by calling, or writing to us at:
GPO Box 2511, Sydney, NSW 2001, Australia
Phone: +61 1300 760 124
Email: [email protected]
When you contact us and request access to your personal information, we will need to verify your identity first and ask you some further questions so that we can respond to your request as quickly as possible. We can’t give you information about anyone else.
We will respond to your request within a reasonable time of you making the request and give you access in the manner you requested, unless it is unreasonable or impracticable for us to do so.
Sometimes we will be able to respond to your query over the phone, but sometimes we may need your request in writing and we might need some time to gather the requested information and get back to you. These more complex requests usually take us between 14 and 30 days. We might need to send a copy of the information to you by post or we might ask you to come and see us to have a look at the information.
Making a request is free. But depending on what information you request access to, we may need to charge you for giving you access to the information. The charges will not be excessive and we’ll let you know if a charge will apply before we proceed with giving you access. There is no charge for correcting your personal information or for us to add a statement.
If we refuse to correct your personal information that we hold, you can ask us to associate with that information a statement that the information is inaccurate, out-of-date, irrelevant or misleading. We’ll take reasonable steps to associate this statement with your personal information that we hold so that users of the information are aware of it.
12.0 Complaints or concerns?
If you have a complaint about how we have managed your personal information, dealt with a request by you to access or correct your personal information, or if you think that we have breached the Privacy Act or a registered APP code, you can make a complaint to us by writing to us at:
GPO Box 2511, Sydney, NSW 2001, Australia
Phone: +61 1300 760 124
Email: [email protected]
Once we have received your complaint, we will investigate and respond to you as soon as we can. We try to do this within 10 working days of receiving your complaint. If this is not possible, we will contact you and let you know when we will respond to your complaint.
We take any privacy complaint seriously and will deal with your complaint fairly and promptly. However if you are not satisfied with our response or how we handled your complaint, you may complain to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (in writing) at:
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC)
GPO Box 5218, Sydney, NSW 1042, Australia
Phone: 1300 363 992
TTY: 1800 620 241
Email: [email protected]